Tax Senior Job
Job Type: Permanent
Yearly Rate: £40000
Location: Genius Money, Portsmouth, PO1 4BL
Start Time: 08:00
End Time: 17:30
Start Date: 02/03/2020
Paid Lunch: No
Lunch Length: 01:00
Key Duties / Responsibilities:TAX SENIOR REQUIRED
Genius Money are looking for a new member of our team.
As the head of division, the Tax Senior will undertake a wide range of tax compliance and tax advisory duties:
• Completion of both complex personal and corporate tax returns
• Preparation of corporation tax computations and deferred tax computations
• Provide tax planning advice to Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and HNWI’s
• Liaising with HMRC and assisting with complex investigations and challenges
• Monitor the department’s portfolio to ensure deadlines are met, including liaising with senior management to regularly communicate progress of work
• Reviewing draft financial statements and considering any tax matters arising from the financial statements
• Ensure the department’s work trackers are monitored and kept up to date
• Attending client meetings and supporting Directorship in resolving Client issues
• To assist in the Recruitment process for new team members
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:Degree
The Tax Senior will have;
• 3 years’ experience in a corporate tax role, including the preparation of corporate tax computations.
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in a qualified accountancy practice
• A minimum of 2 years' self-assessment income tax returns experience (Inc. writing to clients and preparing tax returns)
• CTA/ACA or ACCA Qualifications
• Excellent understanding of UK tax compliance cycle, income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits and planning for key deadlines/setting targets
• Run a client portfolio of 200 clients (approx.)
• Good IT skills; Sage, Xero, Iris and Excel
The Tax Senior must also;
• Have good communication and presentation skills.
• Be able to organise and prioritise and monitor workload effectively.
• Be able to maintain quality and focus whilst under pressure
• Be able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Have a confident communication style with the ability to work well autonomously
• Have good organisation skills and a confident and methodical approach to problem solving
• Have exceptional attention to detail
• Have previous experience of managing staff or reviewing the work of other tax accountants
Known Health & Safety Risks:None
Required PPE / Tools:
Additional Details:Contact Alvin Edyvane on firstname.lastname@example.org
Genius Money Internal ORDER
Commercial Road, Portsmouth, PO1 4BL
Payroll Manager/Supervisor £25,000 - £30,000 Portsmouth We want you if you are self-motivated, you like variety, you like having your views implemented, in return, we'll give you the freedom to be forward thinking and strive for success. Your personal style will be unique and we like that! Is this you? - You keep in touch with your emotions - You are logical and analytical - You are aler ...
Still interested? Read on as this is the JOB (in a nutshell, there is always more to add!) - Manage and validate weekly payroll for PAYE and contract staff, working to strict deadlines and timescales - Find alternative ways to save time and eliminate human error by automating the process - Raise invoices, manage petty cash, upload bank payments - Administer all P32's, FPS, EPS, CIS, pensions ...