SELF EMPLOYMENT EXPLAINED
WHAT SELF EMPLOYMENT MEANS
Working for oneself as a freelance or the owner of a business rather than for an employer.
You’re probably self-employed if you:
- Run your business for yourself and take responsibility for its success or failure
- Have several customers at the same time
- Can decide how, where and when you do your work
- Can hire other people at your own expense to help you or to do the work for you
- Provide the main items of equipment to do your work
- Are responsible for finishing any unsatisfactory work in your own time
- Charge an agreed fixed price for your work
- Sell goods or services to make a profit
... WHAT IF WE'VE BEEN TOLD THE WAY WE ARE DOING THINGS IS FINE?
If you are using Self-Employed people direct you should be:
- Undertaking a Compliance check on every person prior to their start
- You must check their Right to Work
- You must verify their Self-Employed Status with the HMRC
- They should be working on a price
- They should provide you with Public & Employers Insurance at the required financial levels prior to starting on site e.g. £10m/£10m/£5m
SELF EMPLOYED PAYROLL
If you are registered self-employed, already running a sole trader business, or considering it, Genius can help. We work with a number of clients who still rely on highly skilled and qualified self-employed workers who are left to decide how, when and if to approach a job.
IF YOU ENGAGE WITH GENIUS AS A SELF-EMPLOYED SUBCONTRACTOR, THE SUPPLY CHAIN GENERALLY LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Due to a change in the law if you are subject to any supervision, direction or control whilst on assignment (or even have a contractual right to supervision, direction and control) then self-employment is not an option.
Hourly Rate: £11
London E14 5NY
To carryout various Laboring tasks on site
To be able to work on own initiative
To carryout various building works on development sites
Minimum of 6 months experience