SELF EMPLOYMENT EXPLAINED
WHAT SELF EMPLOYMENT MEANS
Working for oneself as a freelance or the owner of a business rather than for an employer.
You’re probably self-employed if you:
- Run your business for yourself and take responsibility for its success or failure
- Have several customers at the same time
- Can decide how, where and when you do your work
- Can hire other people at your own expense to help you or to do the work for you
- Provide the main items of equipment to do your work
- Are responsible for finishing any unsatisfactory work in your own time
- Charge an agreed fixed price for your work
- Sell goods or services to make a profit
... WHAT IF WE'VE BEEN TOLD THE WAY WE ARE DOING THINGS IS FINE?
If you are using Self-Employed people direct you should be:
- Undertaking a Compliance check on every person prior to their start
- You must check their Right to Work
- You must verify their Self-Employed Status with the HMRC
- They should be working on a price
- They should provide you with Public & Employers Insurance at the required financial levels prior to starting on site e.g. £10m/£10m/£5m
SELF EMPLOYED PAYROLL
If you are registered self-employed, already running a sole trader business, or considering it, Genius can help. We work with a number of clients who still rely on highly skilled and qualified self-employed workers who are left to decide how, when and if to approach a job.
IF YOU ENGAGE WITH GENIUS AS A SELF-EMPLOYED SUBCONTRACTOR, THE SUPPLY CHAIN GENERALLY LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Due to a change in the law if you are subject to any supervision, direction or control whilst on assignment (or even have a contractual right to supervision, direction and control) then self-employment is not an option.
To carryout all aspects of Ground Works
To carry out all aspects of electrical works on new and existing buildings
London, Greater London, SE25 4DT
To carryout all Timber frame works including stud walls, Roof, 1st & 2nd fix Including Kitchen
Woodsgate Park, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN39 4DL
To carryout all aspects of carpentry works including Stud Walls, Kitchen/Kitchen and Cladding
Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1RT
To carryout all aspects of new fit out on existing commercial building
East Farleigh, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 0LR
To carryout all aspects of scaffolding works on new housing site